Saturday, June 6, 2015

Blog Post #5

     Dr. Strange defines a PLN as "a quality list of set of PEOPLE and TOOLS that you can call upon for help, consultation, collaboration, or other assistance" (Developing a Personal Learning Network). To form your PLN, you search out people who can contribute to what you are trying to research or learn about. In his video PLN, Michael Fawcett explains that he began his PLN by making some connections at a conference. Before this, he considered his PLN to be the other teachers in the staff room. He started following a few new people every week on Twitter. These people were strangers that he could associate with based on their ideas and experiences. He now has an established PLN that he uses to "communicate, connect, and collaborate."

     Forming a PLN is going to be an important and useful tool as I enter the field of Education. It will be a support system to help me with ideas for projects, activities, lesson plans, etc. The resources I will have on hand will be limitless, as well as continually changing. I plan to use Twitter as the main part of my PLN, at least for now. I have already added many teachers and education accounts to follow, including Edutopia, We Are Teachers, and Teaching Ideas. I will continue to add to my PLN by searching for and following those who will be able to answer my questions and contribute to my learning.

people who are connected

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed how you explained your blog. I also am using twitter to further and my PLN. Great post, overall!

    ReplyDelete